Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 12 - August 6th

Today was a pretty casual day... I began the day at a paper store where I picked up some interesting paper which I'll use in my paper crafting. Then I went to the market to pick up some peppers and a couple of pastries but the salamis, bacon and sausages got my attention...

Later, as we walked through the streets we came across a tattoo establishment. Below is what they advertised. Many people have photos of their spouse or children tattood on their bodies. I suspect it would be a lot less expensive and far less painful to just carry photos of the family! lol

We then sat down to consume ice cream cones and I saw this... so old world and eye catching with the beautiful flowers...

... as evening approached the following caught my eye... a stencil pattern on a wall and a candle in a red votive holder at a restaurant.

Our wonderful vacation is quickly coming to a close. 14 days will have been been perfect for this trip... not too short and not too long. Jim and I definitely went at our own pace which is very different from our tour to Italy 2 years ago... but there we visited many cities... in Budapest we had one home base. Both types of trips have their pros and cons.

We continue to watch the Olympics... commentators speak Hungarian which I have difficulty understanding as they speak bery quickly! Hungary has done very well with wining medals. The athletes have really come up in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment